I was looking for a quick dinner to throw together and when I came across this recipe I could not wait to put it together. I made a few adjustments like swapping chicken for shrimp and adding some green! This dish was so delicious. Thank you Pioneer Woman!
Recipe as follows:
- 12 oz pasta ( we used a campellini) Hope I spelled that right..
- 4 TBLS butter
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 or 2 brocoli crowns ( broken apart)
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic gloves ( minced)
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 3 TBLS heavy cream
- 1/2 cup half and half
- low sodium chicken broth for thinning
- 3/4 cup fresh grated parmeasan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package instruction
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until no longer pink and set aside.
3. Add additional 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet, followed by the minced garlic. Stir the garlic around the pan to avoid burning, and cook for 1 minute. Pour in wine, then let it bubble up and reduce for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add half-and-half, cream, and extra salt and pepper to taste, whisking constantly until it’s all combined. Allow liquid to heat up and thicken for a few minutes. If it gets too thick, you can thin it with a little chicken broth. I used maybe a tablespoon. At this point I added my broccoli to the sauce.
4. Remove it from the heat and add Parmesan to the sauce, then throw the cooked pasta right on top of it. Add the Shrimp and continue tossing until it’s all combined. I returned my pan to a very low heat to warm.
5. Serve immediately and top with fresh Parmesan.
Recipe Source: The Pioneer Woman