Its almost that time… since I feel like October and Halloween whizzed by I am starting Christmas a little early and whipped up these yummy santa chocolate chip cookies. There is a secret to these that makes them so soft and chewy. Hope you enjoy
– 12 Tablespoons butter
– 3/4 cup brown sugar
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 1 egg
– 2 cups flour
– 1 small box vanilla INSTANT pudding mix
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
– 1/2 cup red & green m&m’s
step one: preheat oven to 350. In the bowl of your mixer cream together sugars and butter. Add vanilla and egg and mix well.
step two: combine Flour,pudding,baking soda and salt.
Step 3: gradually mix your dry ingredients with wet and stir in chocolate chips. Chill for at least one hour.
Step 4: roll cookie dough into about 3 tablespoon balls and gently press. Top with m&m’s and more chocolate chips if desired.
step 5: bake 10-13 minutes. You want cookies slightly undercooked. Allow to cool about 10 minutes and enjoy!
recipe adapted from :Creme de la crumb
I live for dessert. It’s my happy place. These cake batter brownies are so delish. We used Halloween sprinkles to be festive so you could change out for whatever fits your fancy.
So dare I admit I ate more of these then I would like to share. The gooey center, flavorful cake batter mix and of course crunchy sprinkles make this a new go to recipe.
And don’t mind the little human vrooming his cars in the background. He is my handle not helper ( helper)
– 1 box French vanilla cake mix
– 1/4 cup canola oil
– 1 egg beaten
– 1/3 cup heavy cream
– 1/2 cup sprinkles of your choosing
– 1/2 bag white chocolate chips
step one: preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×9 baking dish
step two: combine cake mix,sprinkles,egg,oil,heavy cream and white chocolate chips. Mix until batter is just combined.
Step 3: place batter in greased pan topping with extra sprinkles of course. Bake 30 – 35 minutes. You want the center to be chewy so do it overbake. Allow to cool before cutting into bars.
recipe adapted from : Sally’s baking addiction
I love fall. From apples to pumpkins and everything in between. He feeling. The smells. These apple cinnamon scones are a great way to kick off the start of fall. They are a perfect breakfast with a side of hot tea.
Give these a try to get that fall feeling too!
– 2 cups flour
– 2/3 cup rolled oats
– 1 Tablespoon baking powder
– 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 apple chopped
– 1/2 cup butter (cold)
– 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/4 cup honey
– Turbino sugar for sprinkles
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: In a large bowl, combine the flour, rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Chop in cold butter with a knife.
Step 3: In another smaller bowl combine together the milk, honey and apple. Add this to the dry ingredients and toss together until just mixed.
Step 4: Place dough on a floured work surface and knead gently until everything is well combined. Form the dough into a circle that’s about 9 to 10 inches in diameter and about 1/2 inch in thickness. Place the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Cut into 8 wedges and separate the wedges so that they are about 1 inch apart. Brush the wedges with the milk and top with Turbinado sugar.
Step 5: Bake for about 20 minutes or until nice and golden brown.
Time is a thief, time does not wait. Today is the last day of 16 months old. While some days are hard, some days I’m so tired and some days I just plain don’t feel up to the mom part I would not change anything, if I could I would stop time. Each day with my baby boy brings joy, smiles, tons of laughter and he teaches me to slow down and just well stop.
Some of my absolute favorite summer items this summer have to be these tanks from Trilogy design co !! We scored these for $15! Here is the links for our awesome outfit deets
Boy next door tank
Old navy shorts
To my baby. 16 months was a blast can’t wait to see what you have up your sleeve for 17 months!
Hi! It’s been a while. I miss blogging. I miss sharing my moments and recipes. So here I am. Making time to share one of my favorite things to eat. Spaghetti! You see I’m Italian and we love pasta. My kids love it, you see the only person who is missing out is my husband, well after I made this recipe he was on the spaghetti band wagon. Oh yea!
– one box of spaghetti pasta cooked
– 1 lb hamburger meat
– 1/2 sweet yellow onion
– 28oz can crushed tomatoes
– 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
-8 oz can tomato paste
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 tsp Italian seasoning
– 3-5 dashes Worcestershire sauce
-1/2 cup red wine ( optional)
– dash of sugar
– salt and pepper to taste to season onion/hamburger
Step 1:brown hamburger meat and onion, season well with salt and pepper and drain the grease
Step 2: Once meat is browned add your crushed tomatoes, sauce and paste. Mix in your seasonings, red wine and sugar.
Step 3: simmer for at least 2 hours.
this recipe is really so easy and so delicious! i hope you enjoy it as much as i do! I serve with fresh baked garlic bread.
Another meal plan for this week! Enjoy!
Monday (4/20): For a quick dinner put together these Three Cheese Quesadillas serve with fresh pico de gallo salsa, guacamole and sour cream
Tuesday (4/21): Make these delicious looking Smashed Potatoes with this chicken broccolini fresh bread and a salad!
Wednesday (4/22) Make dinner simple with this one pot shrimp Parmesan pasta make your dinner complete with garlic bread and end this meal with these texas sheet cupcakes
Thursday (4/23): I love the crock-pot and this crock-pot chicken Parmesan looks amazing pair with Lemon pepper asparagus
Friday (4/24): Make Friday night special with these Shrimp enchiladas complete your dinner with a side a Mexican rice and refried beans
Saturday (4/25): Make Saturday lunch in with these copycat big mac’s do some curly frys and onion rings
Sunday (4/26): Make Sunday morning fun with these Strawberry crepes scramble some eggs and fry up some bacon for a yummy breakfast!
Have a great week! XoXo
Working full time, juggling sports, homework, cleaning and cooking can be really exhausting. On most nights in all honesty I feel like I just want to get some take out, park my hind end on the couch and top off a big glass of wine and check out!
Then Recipes like this soup make their way to me and im drooling over my computer screen knowing no take out will taste as good as homemade….
This soup is very easy, healthy and filling. I used orchetti noodles but any will do.
Recipe as follows:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots shredded and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 fresh sage leaf, chopped finely
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 2 15 oz can of white cannellini beans
- 2-3 oz fresh pasta of choice (I used orecchiette), prepared per instructions
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- shredded Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven pot/stock pot. Add onions Cooking for 2-3 minutes then add the carrots, celery, sage, basil, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 5 minutes then add minced garlic stirring constantly for about 30 seconds. . Add tomatoes, chicken broth and beans.
- Simmer soup on low heat for 30-45 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and top with fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese!
Recipe Source: adapted from For the love of cooking
I found this delicious potato recipe from Lil Luna that I knew would pair perfect with salmon that I was baking. And.. I might add it has lemon. I love lemon but have never tried them in roasted potatoes and I thought I would give them a try. I switched the fresh herbs for dried as it is what I had on hand and it turned out aaaammmmazing!
If you are looking for something to spice up the normal boring sides to your entree give this one a go!
Recipe as follows:
- 8-10 yukon gold potatoes, chopped into chunks
Juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 4-5 cloves garlic, smashed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place a baking sheet into the oven and bring it to temperature while the oven preheats. The baking sheet should be hot!
- While the oven is heating, boil the chopped potatoes in lightly salted water for about 5, drain and put into a large mixing bowl mixing together lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, herbs and garlic cloves.
- Pour the coated potatoes onto the hot baking sheet or into the baking dish and bake for about 45 minutes to an hour, tossing halfway through to ensure they get browned on all sides.
Recipe Source: Lil Luna
Howdy! I am a day late again. Hoping that these meal plans make for an easier meal planning week for ya!
Monday (4/13): This Garden Vegetable salad will pair nice with some grilled steaks and a baked potato with all the fixins ( Sour cream, butter and chives!)
Tuesday (4/14): Pair together this Carrot ginger rice with this Lemon garlic chicken and green beans
Wednesday (4/15) These Beef tostadas look amazing and easy. Make hump day extra special and serve this carrot bunt cake from Mels Kitchen Cafe
Thursday (4/16): Make these BBQ chicken burgers with potato chips and watermelon
Friday (4/17): This bacon and avocado macaroni salad would accompany perfect with these chicken skewers and corn on the cob.
Saturday (4/18): Make your Saturday morning special with these Peach Muffins
Sunday (4/19): We are going on a picnic so these chickpea sandwiches and these perfect deviled eggs
Have a great week! XoXo
Its sunny outside
I need a vacation
Those three things plus these amazing shrimp tacos are basically what my day is about.
Lets get something out of the way.. These tacos are so easy to make and they are beyond delicious! With just a kick of spicy hinted with the sweetness of the honey make for the perfect combo!
The lead characters include: Shrimp ( well duh) lime, honey and chipotle! and well the amazing sour cream that we top on these guys is incredible!
Recipe as follows:
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice ( I used 3 juicy limes)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 whole minced chipotle in adobo and a spoonful of the sauce they are in
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- zest of 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb defrosted frozen shrimp ( peeled and devained)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1/2 minced chipotle in adobo plus some of that chipotle sauce
- half of a juicy lime
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 small flour torillas or corn
- shredded cabbage
- diced avocado
- crumbled queso fresco or cojita cheese
- In a large bowl, mix together the lime juice, olive oil, honey, chipotle and adobo sauce, garlic and lime. Season with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp, cover and marinate for about 20 minutes.
- While the shrimp is marinating, make the sour cream. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, chipotle in adobo, lime juice, zest and garlic. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain the shrimp and add the shrimp to the hot skillet. Cook until the shrimp 3-5 minutes until it turns pink.
- Assemble the tacos, top each tortilla with some of the shrimp, cabbage, avocado, cilantro and Queso Fresco. Put a dollop of cream and dig in!
Recipe Source: Taste and tell