Oh this cake! Its heaven! and its gone now and as I am posting this recipe I am missing and wanting another piece! But its gone! Lemons! Cream Cheese! Cake! Stop what you are doing and grab your kiddos and bake up this cake!
Recipe as follows:
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- zest of 2 lemons
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk + 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 3 TBLS Lemon Juice
- 1 3/4 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 Cup melted butter
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 3 oz soft cream cheese
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1/ tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 inch cake pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside
2. In a large bowl, stir sugar and lemon zest together combine eggs and vanilla until smooth.
3. In separate bowl, combine milk, vinegar and lemon juice together. Set aside.
4.In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt
5. Alternate stirring in wet and dry ingredients until everything is added into the cake batter. Gently stir in the poppy seeds and melted butter. Pour into cake pan and bake 45-55 minutes or until baked thoroughly and toothpick comes out clean after being inserted. Cool cake 15 minutes.
Now,for the frosting, mix all ingredients together until light and fluffy. Spread over cooled cake.
Recipe Source: Lauren’s Latest