My family loves quesadillas. They are such an easy snack to put together or a quick dinner when you just dont have time. speaking of time.. where does it go.
Anyways these quesadillas are SO good! not to mention EASY!
So it is very important to use the SMOKED paprika when making these. This is what gives the smokey flavor.
Recipe as follows:
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Kosher salt
- 6 burrito size flour tortillas
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Avocado and sour cream, for serving
- In a medium bowl, mix together the corn, Jack cheese, cilantro, paprika, and 1/8 tsp. salt. Divide the mixture between the tortillas, scattering it over half of each; fold the tortillas in half.
Heat the oil in skillet or griddle over medium heat until shimmering. Add the quesadillas and cook until browned and crisp on the bottom, about 1 minute. Flip and continue to cook until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with avocado and sour cream or your favorite fixings
Recipe Source: Fine Cooking