Working full time, juggling sports, homework, cleaning and cooking can be really exhausting. On most nights in all honesty I feel like I just want to get some take out, park my hind end on the couch and top off a big glass of wine and check out!
Then Recipes like this soup make their way to me and im drooling over my computer screen knowing no take out will taste as good as homemade….
This soup is very easy, healthy and filling. I used orchetti noodles but any will do.
Recipe as follows:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots shredded and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 fresh sage leaf, chopped finely
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 2 15 oz can of white cannellini beans
- 2-3 oz fresh pasta of choice (I used orecchiette), prepared per instructions
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- shredded Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven pot/stock pot. Add onions Cooking for 2-3 minutes then add the carrots, celery, sage, basil, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 5 minutes then add minced garlic stirring constantly for about 30 seconds. . Add tomatoes, chicken broth and beans.
- Simmer soup on low heat for 30-45 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and top with fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese!
Recipe Source: adapted from For the love of cooking