I found this delicious potato recipe from Lil Luna that I knew would pair perfect with salmon that I was baking. And.. I might add it has lemon. I love lemon but have never tried them in roasted potatoes and I thought I would give them a try. I switched the fresh herbs for dried as it is what I had on hand and it turned out aaaammmmazing!
If you are looking for something to spice up the normal boring sides to your entree give this one a go!
Recipe as follows:
- 8-10 yukon gold potatoes, chopped into chunks
Juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 4-5 cloves garlic, smashed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place a baking sheet into the oven and bring it to temperature while the oven preheats. The baking sheet should be hot!
- While the oven is heating, boil the chopped potatoes in lightly salted water for about 5, drain and put into a large mixing bowl mixing together lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, herbs and garlic cloves.
- Pour the coated potatoes onto the hot baking sheet or into the baking dish and bake for about 45 minutes to an hour, tossing halfway through to ensure they get browned on all sides.
Recipe Source: Lil Luna