Life in the Ponce house can be quite busy, and breakfast is definitely not my strong suit! I seriously need a jug of caffeine to even open my eyes, let alone fry Potatoes? Flip a pancake? Nope, does not happen in our house. I admit it that 7 days a week my children are most likely eating a bowl of cereal or a poptart for breakfast. But these breakfast potatoes where sure worth spending a little extra time in the kitchen.. Now to make this a once a week occasion!
Recipe as follows:
- 1 bag Red Potatoes, Cut Into Chunks ( I think this was a 3 lb bag)
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 whole Onion, Peeled And Roughly Chopped
- 1 whole Green Bell Pepper, Seeded & Chopped
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Seeded & Chopped
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 stick Butter, Melted
- 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Kosher Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, toss together the potatoes, garlic, onion, bell peppers, olive oil, butter, seasoned salt, cayenne pepper and some kosher salt and pepper.
3 Put potatoes on a foil lined cookie sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, shaking the pan twice.
4. increase the heat to 500 degrees and bake until crisp and brown about another 10 minutes
5. Sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper to taste before serving
Recipe Source: The Pioneer Woman