OMG! These potatoes are so so so yummy! I never thought of myself as a sweet potato fan but these mashed sweet taters have switched me to a regualr potato to a sweet potata gal. These are a must try!
Recipe as follows:
- 2 LBS sweet potaotes
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1 Tablesppon chopped fresh sage and more for garnish if you desire
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Peal and cut potatoes in about 1 inch cubes and boil about 20 minutes or until tender with a fork.
2. While potatoes are boiling lets make the sage butter. melt your butter in a small saucepan swirling occasionally until fragrant and turns a deep carmel color. Now this a very delicate situation. watch it carefully so it does not burn.
3. Remove the butter from heat and add your chopped sage stir a bit.
4. Drain sweet potatoes and mash, slowly add in sage/butter. Season with salt and pepper to your liking. serve immendiatly.
Recipe Source: adapted from American Heritage Cooking