I am not sure what it is about lasagna.. It is my favorite comfort food. I mean who does not love lasagna? Well I can name one person but Ill keep that a secret for now. This lasagna is very simple and is a easy mid week meal.
Recipe as follows:
- 1 LB ground beef
- 2 2/1 cups shredded low moisture mozzarella cheese
- 1 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 8 oven ready lasagna noodles
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat. Meanwhile, mix 1-1/4 cups mozzarella, ricotta, 1/4 cup Parmesan, parsley and egg until blended.
3. Drain meat; return to skillet, add in pasta sauce, Adding 1 cup water to empty sauce jar.Stir until blended. Pour 1 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 13×9-inch baking dish topping with layers of 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1 cup meat sauce. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and cheeses. Cover with foil and bake about 1 hour. Remove foil and bake another 25 minutes until sauce is bubble and cheese it browned. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving