Melt in your mouth .. buttermilk pancakes
I have tried many pancakes. Most of the time im not too impressed.. they are either too thin, too thick, or just dont have that pancake smooth texture. Well the end is here my friends. These buttermilk pancakes are just right!
So if you are looking for the perfect Saturday morning treat, try this recipe I promise it wont disappoint.
Recipe as follows:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- syrup to your tasting
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and buttermilk together. pour in the melted butter and mix until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. I think I big key here is to not over-mix!
- add 1/2 cup batter to heated griddle. cook about 2-3 minutes per side until pancakes form a golden brown color and are cooked through.
- Serve immediately topped with butter and syrup!
Recipe Source: Love Grows Wild