Its sunny outside
I need a vacation
Those three things plus these amazing shrimp tacos are basically what my day is about.
Lets get something out of the way.. These tacos are so easy to make and they are beyond delicious! With just a kick of spicy hinted with the sweetness of the honey make for the perfect combo!
The lead characters include: Shrimp ( well duh) lime, honey and chipotle! and well the amazing sour cream that we top on these guys is incredible!
Recipe as follows:
For the Chipotle Lime Shrimp
For the Chipotle Lime sour cream
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice ( I used 3 juicy limes)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 whole minced chipotle in adobo and a spoonful of the sauce they are in
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- zest of 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb defrosted frozen shrimp ( peeled and devained)
For the Tacos
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1/2 minced chipotle in adobo plus some of that chipotle sauce
- half of a juicy lime
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 small flour torillas or corn
- shredded cabbage
- diced avocado
- crumbled queso fresco or cojita cheese
- In a large bowl, mix together the lime juice, olive oil, honey, chipotle and adobo sauce, garlic and lime. Season with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp, cover and marinate for about 20 minutes.
- While the shrimp is marinating, make the sour cream. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, chipotle in adobo, lime juice, zest and garlic. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain the shrimp and add the shrimp to the hot skillet. Cook until the shrimp 3-5 minutes until it turns pink.
- Assemble the tacos, top each tortilla with some of the shrimp, cabbage, avocado, cilantro and Queso Fresco. Put a dollop of cream and dig in!
Recipe Source: Taste and tell