I love these muffins! I love that these are an easy on the go breakfast or snack. They are very moist and dense and full of banana flavor.
The cast of ingredients are simple, Bananas, Chocolate chips, flour, vanilla, eggs, butter milk, salt, baking powder and of course sugar and brown sugar.
Recipe as follows:
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips ( I used a spring mix for colorful chips!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or line muffin baking tins.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, sugars, baking powder and salt. In a seperate medium mixing bowl combine mashed bananas, egg, melted butter and milk.
3. Stir wet ingredients into dry and mix until just combined ( do not over mix) gently fold in chocolate chips.
4. Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full top with a few chocolate chips and bake 25-35 until middle center comes out clean with a toothpick.
Recipe Source: Spicy Southern Kitchen