Howdy guys! Im back.. Sorry that I have been missing in action. I missed my blog and my posts and staging all the scrumptious food. But I have an apology recipe that is so good it will make up for my absence!
What is this recipe.. Crispy chicken with delicious creamy sun-dried tomato sauce. Its blissful!
Recipe as follows:
- 4 bone in and skin on Chicken thighs
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced ( i used a grater to mince mine)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sundried tomato packed in olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped basil
1. preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper, melt two TB spoons butter into an oven proof skillet over med high heat. Once pan is hot add chicken skin side down. I cooked about 3-4 min on each side. You want a nice golden brown skin. Set aside
3. Melt remaining butter to the same pan and add minced garlic and crushed red pepper about a min then add your chicken broth, cream, tomatoes and seasoning and cheese. simmer about 3-5 minutes over low heat. Return chicken to skillet and roast about 25-35 minutes until your chicken is cooked and reaches 175 degrees F
4. Serve with fresh basil, pasta and some veggies for a complete dinner!
Recipe Source: adapted from Damn Delicious