You want spicy? I got spicy! This Yummy soup is packed with flavor and it pretty simple weeknight meal! It is inspired by my favorite cooking blog For The Love Of Cooking.
Recipe as follows:
- 1 LB ground turkey or beef ( I used ground turkey)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 tortillas ( I put in my food processor to break up)
- 2 cups fresh salsa
- 1 Chipotle pepper and some sauce from the can ( about a spoonful)
- 1 quart chicken stock ( I got chipotle infused chicken broth)
- 1 avacado
- cojita mexican cheese crumbled
1. Combine the ground turkey, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, oregano, coriander, tortillias, and sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste, in a bowl. Using your hands mix up and roll into little meatballs.
2. Add the meatballs to a lightly oiled poan and brown all over but not completely cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
3. Puree the salsa and chipotle peppers until smooth
4. In a soup pot, bloom the tomato paste for about a minute by stirring it around. carefully pour the salsa mixture and the chicken stock. Bring to a boil then add the meatballs and simmer over low heat about 20 minutes.
5. Top with fresh avacado, Cojita cheese and a sprig of cilantro.
Recipe Source: adapted from For the love of Cooking