Rice is a big stale in my house.. I mean my husband is Mexican and well rice is a pretty standard side. When I stumbled upon this recipe at for the love of cooking I knew it was going to be the perfect side to something.. I just knew I had to plan my meal around this delectable looking dish.. And it sure did not disappoint. It tasted so fresh and so much better then take out. This will be my one of my new go to side dishes!
Recipe as follows:
- 1-2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 6 cups rice ( I used jasmine )
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 8 oz container mushrooms ( I used brown button )
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup peas
- 3 green onion chopped
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce… I added a bit more but you can taste as you go along..
- 3/4 Teaspoon white pepper
1.Heat canola oil in a wok or large pan. Add onion, green onion and carrots cook about 3/4 minutes until softened. Add mushrooms and cook another 2-3 minutes. Add Garlic and ginger for and stir about 30 seconds then add soy sauce and pepper along with rice and peas. Mix well to combine.
2. Add the cooked scrambled eggs and fold into rice mix and top with fresh green onions and wala! <—- I think I spelled that wrong .. oh well!
Recipe Source: adapted from For the love of cooking