So dont hate me for posting a delectable cornbread that is probably the best corn bread I have ever had. Now I must admit that when it comes to any type of bread dish i usually end up making it from a box or already made.. For whatever reason making bread scares me… or maybe its just when I stroll past the bakery I cant resist. You see I am a bread fanatic. I will choose a restaurant solely based on the type of bread they serve.. So with all this nonsense I bring you a sweet honey cornbread!
Recipe as follows:
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Cup thawed frozen sweet corn
1.Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Coat your 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, corn meal, baking powder, sugar and salt.
3. In another bowl whisk buttermilk, Honey, butter, and beaten eggs. Pour your flour mixture into the egg and mix until just combined ( You dont want to over mix and will be a bit lumpy)
4. Bake 30-40 minutes until cooked through. Allow bread to cool before slicing and serving
Recipe Source: adapted from The gourmand mom