My family are taco people.. I mean the LOVE tacos! So when I came across this recipe I knew that I would have to whip it up. As I am not a big beef eater these really surprised me.. The meat totally melts in your mouth and has a ton of flavor.
I must say my hubby was happy guy when he came home to homemade tacos and ice cold beer!
Recipe as follows:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 lbs chuck roast ( trim the fat)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder ( more if you like)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 6oz can whole green chilies
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and de-veined and chopped
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- Four tortillas
- Sharp cheddar cheese ( shredded for topping)
- Fresh guacamole
1.Heat oil in dutch oven over medium heat, season your chuck roast with seasons evenly and roast 2-3 minutes on each side until browned and seared.
2. Add beef broth, chilies, jalapeno, and garlic. Place lid over dutch oven and and roast in oven about 2 hours. Check every 30 minutes to see if more broth is needed.
3. Once beef is tender shred with forks. Scoop meat onto tortilla and top with your favorite toppings!
Recipe Source: adapted from For the love of cooking