I dont like Mondays! There I said it. Why does it feel like the weekend is a whirlwind that ends much too soon? Well what I can say something fantastic did come from this weekend. These Carrot Cake cupcakes were born and eaten and enjoyed. They are so good and are made with fresh cupcakes so you do not have to feel entirely guilty eating them.
By the way did you know that carrots have anti cancer and cardio health benefits? oh yeah!
Recipe as follows:
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ heaping cups grated/shredded carrots ( I stuck 2 big carrots in my food processor)
- ⅔ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in medium mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the grated carrots and the oil. Slowly add the flour mixture to the carrot mix, mixing until just combined. Slowly add in beaten eggs and stir. In this case do not over mix.
- Place paper liners in your muffin tin and scoop the batter into a muffin tin, filling each muffin tin about ⅔ of the way up the side. Bake about 12-15 minutes checking back often, when inserting a tooth pick you want it to come out clean but not over bake them. Allow to cool about 20 minutes before frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese ( Room temp)
- 4 tablespoons butter ( Room temp)
- about 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Mix together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar until smooth. If piping put in your pipping back and squeeze or just you can just slap some on a knife 🙂
Recipe Source: adapted from Pinch of yum