These muffins made with roasted bananas and oat flour are simply tasty!
Can we get personal for just a moment. I have a confession to make.. My children still sleep in my bed.. a 6 year old and a 3 year old and well they have completely taken over. I cant remember what a decent nights sleep feels like. My back hurts and I think its time they move on to their own space.. I mean they have nicer beds then me. What gives. OK, now that I got that out of the way I can discuss these splendid muffins that are naturally sweetened with honey and banana. These are the perfect on the go snack or breakfast!
So SO good! Super moist and you know I just had to slather with just a bit of butter.
Recipe as follows:
- 3 bananas, peeled and sliced ( you want yellow bananas for this one)
- 1 cup oats, pulsed in your food processor to create a out flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons flour or whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup half and half
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt ( I used Vanilla )
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping
- ⅓ cup oats
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil spraying with non stick spray. Slice bananas into rounds and bake about 10 minutes until they turn a nice brown color.
2. Combine oats in a food processor and pulse until flour like consistency is formed. Mix together the oat flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3.In a separate bowl, whisk the half and half, Greek yogurt, eggs, melted butter, vanilla, and honey until smooth. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet to the dry.Stir until just mixed. You do not want to over mix! Fold the caramelized bananas into the mixture, stirring just 5 more times.
4. Pour the batter to a greased muffin tin. Topping with ingredients together and spoon over the muffins. Bake for about 12 minutes until a toothpick is inspired and comes out clean.
Recipe Source: adapted from Pinch of Yum