Baked in the oven these drumsticks are a tad of sweet,tangy and spicy all in one!
I made this chicken the other night and if I must be honest I am not a drumstick fan. I got these drumsticks being well attempting to be a cheap skate and chicken breasts can be more on the pricey side. Well these were AMAZING! Packed with flavor, fall off the bone tender meat. aaahhhhhh… the good life!
Recipe as follows:
- 6 bone in skin on drumsticks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 5 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped green onions for garnish.
- In a shallow baking dish whisk together all ingredients, except chicken of course!
- Toss chicken in marinate and cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or over night.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Uncover chicken and bake about an hour turning chicken over mid-way so the chicken will be evenly coated and get that beautiful caramel color.
Recipe Source: adapted from Jo Cooks