Alrighty peeps lets get down to business and make some … pasta!
Did you know that this dish is super simple and very cheap to make? I calculated my dinner total at a whopping $1.62 a plate! So if you have no time in your day like me who runs around like a chicken with my head cut off on a daily basis then this is the dish for you!
Recipe as follows:
- 12 ounces ziti or pasta to your liking
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken ( I used a rotisserie chicken )
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to package directions. Once cooked, drain and return to pot. Combine Chicken, pasta and Alfredo sauce ( recipe below ) and toss to combine until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Pour ziti noodles into a oven safe dish that is lightly greased half way, sprinkle with 1/2 cheese and top with remaining noodle and top again with cheese
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and just barely starts to turn golden. Remove and serve immediately.
1. Heating olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once oil is hot saute garlic about one minute until fragrant. Sprinkle flour and stir to combine and cook another minute. Slowly add chicken broth and milk whisking as you go. Simmer until thickened about 5 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper stirring until cheese is melted. Set aside until ready for pasta.
Recipe Source: adapted from Gimme some oven