Not too sweet and extremely moist, these peach muffins have a coconut flavor bursting with bites of peaches.
I love baking with peaches and I have a slight weakness to them add coconut and Im all in. So how about a POP of peaches in a moist muffin for an easy on the go breakfast?
Coconut is a peaches soul-mate.. Like peanut butter to jelly, like mac goes with cheese.. You catch my drift?
Recipe as follows:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup of coconut Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can sliced peaches, diced
- 1/2 cup of coconut + 2 tbsp for muffin tops (divided)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and coat a muffin tin with cooking spray.
Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Next, combine the yogurt, sugar, milk, egg, coconut oil, cinnamon, and vanilla together in a bowl Mixing until well combined. Slowly add flour to wet mixture and stir until just combined. Add in diced peaches and coconut to batter gently mixing until just combined.
- Pour batter into muffins tins about 3/4 full. Sprinkle tops with coconut. Place into the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes or until middle comes out clean with tester. Allow to cool 5-10 minutes before removing from tin.
Recipe Source: adapted from For the Love of Cooking