I love chicken salad but I am a bit picky with how it is prepared. As surprising as it may be I have never tried my chicken salad with grapes.. **GASP** But to my surprise I really enjoyed it. This recipe is very simple recipe to make and makes great leftovers for lunch the next day!
Recipe as follows:
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken ( I used a rotisserie chicken from costco!)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes, halved
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- juice of half a lemon
- 8 Croissant rolls
- combine the chicken, celery, grapes and green onion to a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl , add the mayonnaise, sour cream, pepper, salt and lemon juice. Whisk together until combined. Pour the dressing over chicken/grape mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at lease two hours or overnight
- Slice croissant in half and scoop a good portion into each croissant. Enjoy!!
Recipe Source: adapted from Life as a loft house