This delectable dish is something that is super quick and easy to put together. When life throws baseball practice until 6:30 and you have two hungry kiddos looking for dinner kinda recipe!
The Cast of Characters: boneless/skinless chicken breasts, swiss cheese, deli sliced honey ham, panko bread crumbs, eggs, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper of course!
Recipe as follows:
- 6 thin cut chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs ( I used Italian seasoned but you can throw a tablespoon of Italian seasoning if you do not have it)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese ( shredded)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 6 slices honey deli ham
- 6 slices of swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking dish (9×13)
- Whisk eggs in a shallow pan. In a separate shallow pan combine bread crumbs,Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in egg then breadcrumbs. Lay flat in baking dish and bake about 30 minutes. Once chicken is cooked lay the ham and top with swiss cheese. Continue baking for 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve immediately!
Recipe Source: Life in the loft house